Sunday, April 10, 2011

Warhammer 40K Custom Imperial Guard Units

So I've been working (slowly) on building a custom desert-themed Imperial Guard Army - hopefully for tournament use someday.  I have most all of the heavy and light units and I'll give a unit and points breakdown one of these days as well.  For the time being, I thought I'd post a pic of some of the test units for color schemes.  The idea is that the planet is protected by standard PDF Guard units (think National Guard) and are supported by a few actual Imperial Guard units as well as a unit of tactical space marines trained especially for desert combat.  Model-wise, the PDF unit is a hybrid between Warhammer Fantasy Battle Militia boxed set (Dogs of War) and a standard Imperial Guard Infantry unit.  The army will also have a unit of Psykers, Ratling Snipers, and several heavy machinery including the Imperial Guard Bombard heavy artillery (www.forgeworld.co.uk custom kit).  Without further ado, here are the test units:

The base with barbwire fence is custom built with components from Galeforce 9 (grit), Army Painter ('Battlefields Highland Tuft - 6mm), Curled Barbwire strand (custom made from small gauge wire), Fence Posts (wooden dowels).  I use Vallejo Paints exclusively on all of my miniatures.

No comments:

Post a Comment